Revolutionary War Timeline
- December 16, 1773 The Boston Tea Party.
- April 19, 1775 Gage seizes military supplies at Concord. Battle of Lexington.
- May 10, 1775 Capture by Colonists of forts and arsenals at Ticonderoga.
- June 15, 1775 Washington appointed Commander-in-Chief by Congress.
- June 17, 1775 Battle of Bunker Hill. British occupy Boston
- July 4, 1776 Declaration of Independence. The Colonies become the United States of America
- August 27, 1776 Battle of Long Island. Many Patriot prisoners taken by the British.
- December 25 to January 3, 1776-77 Crossing of the Delaware and Battles of Trenton and Princeton. Brilliant American Victories.
- December 19, 1777 Encampment at Valley Forge for the Winter.
- February 6, 1778 Treaty of Alliance and Commerce with France.
- June 19, 1778 Evacuation of Valley Forge Winter Quarters.
- June 28, 1778 Battle of Monmouth. British retire under cover of night.
- December 29, 1778 Savannah taken by the British.
- 1779 Lafayette goes to France to plead for help.
- September 1779 John Paul Jones captures man-of-war near English coast.
- August 16, 1780 Gates defeated by Cornwallis near Camden, South Carolina.
- October 19, 1781 Cornwallis trapped at Yorktown. He surrenders.
- September 3, 1783 Treaty of Peace of Paris.
DILLMAN REVOLUTIONARY WAR DEAD
- William Dillman, b ca 1748-50 in VA; died after 1786 in GA. His wife was Mary Farrow – Public Servicefrom SC.
- John Dillman, b 1751 in MD; died 1830 in GA. His wife was Sarah Eggerton. He was a Pvt from NC.
- John Dillman, b 20 April 1734 in VA; died 1811 in NC. His wife was Mary Simmons. Colonial and Civil service from NC.
- John Dillman, b 1736 in VA; died 1787 in VA. His wife was Millicent White. Public Service from VA.
- A William Dillman received BLW #9264 for 100 acres of land on 7 Oct 1891 for service as a Pvt. in the PA Line. No other information.
|Hessians of the